World Materials Summit
The concept, development, organization and implementation of the inaugural and highly successful World Materials Summit was an initiative of the European Materials Research Society (E-MRS), using the newly legalized European Materials Forum (EMF) and under the umbrella of the Portuguese Presidency of the European Commission in 2007. E-MRS also financed the event that took place in Lisbon, Portugal, without any external support.
The Summit is currently an IUMRS supported biennial event. The aim of the Summit is to bring together industry, university, and government representatives to discuss global issues and solutions, and in particular how materials research and engineering can contribute to mitigate these issues.
- The Seventh World Materials Summit on Biomaterials and Energy Materials, October 24-26, 2019, Hangzhou, China
- The Sixth World Materials Summit on Materials Innovation for the Global Circular Economy and Sustainable Society, November 20-21, 2017, Strasbourg, France
- The Fifth World Materials Summit on Advanced Materials for Sustainable Society Development, October 18-20, 2016, Rizhao, Shandong, China
- The Fourth World Materials Summit, Materials: A Key Enabling Technology for Secure Energy & Sustainable Development, October 12-15, 2013, Strasbourg, France
- The Third World Materials Summit & Student Congress, October 9-12, 2011, Washington DC, USA
- The Second World Materials Summit on Advanced Materials in Energy Applications and Sustainable Society, October 12-15, 2009, Suzhou, China
- The First World Materials Summit on Materials Research, October 4-7, 2007, Hotel Corinthia, Lisbon, Portugal.